Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Great Time


I had a great time tonight with my "girls" L and M tonight and M's husband S (I love S).

We went to dinner at Uncle Julio's. I specifically asked the waiter if I could substitute another taco and not have the tamale in the dish I ordered and he assured me that this was possible. When the dish came, there was the tamale. Well, there was a reason I did not want the tamale ... looking at them make me gag. At first I thought that it may not be a tamale because the lighting is dim and I had not been there before to know what their dishes look like. I touched it with my fork and sure enough it was a tamale. Well it had to go. I kept my "willies" down and did not get up and jump around, but I really wanted that tamale at of my sight. S called the waiter over and he knew immediately that the tamale was not supposed to be there so he took the plate away. He then brought the plate back and said that they would just bring out the extra taco on another plate. The tamale was still on the plate. I then told him that would not do - the tamale had to be taken off the plate, and I was good, I did not scream "GET IT OFF NOW!" Once again the plate was removed.

M and S said that the manager was sure to be over to see what was wrong, and they were right because it was not long before the manager was there over my shoulder. I explained what had happened, S talked to him, and I was assured my plate would be out and there would not be a tamale. He also said my meal would be taken care of without issue. Eventually my meal came out as ordered, and it was very good.

As good as the meal was, it did not come close to the company. I have missed my girls so much, and then to have the added bonus of Stan being there, well it was like having another vacation.

My biggest hope is that some day my boys can meet Stan. I think they would love him too. That of course will have to be some where besides my house since Stan will not come to my spider and snake infested property.

All it all it was a great time and I had lots of laughs. I'm so glad the girls invited me.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm so glad you had a fun night out with friends. And a free dinner to boot! Sorry Stan's scared of creepy crawlies. ;-)

Unknown said...

We enjoyed being able to have dinner with you; we missed you last week. Unfortunately, my husband will never cross your door since there are frogs, spiders and snakes nearby. I wasn't home when he and Sammy ran across a small garter snake, but the description of him screaming was priceless.

Anonymous said...

Stan is a very smart man! I pray every time I come to your house and so far I've managed to not get biten by your multitude of creepy things.

Frogs? He is afraid of frogs? Ha!!

Catmom5