Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just Rain Already


It is so damp and humid outside, I wish it would just rain.

The pain a day like today causes me is tolerable, but miserable. Everyone notices too because I cannot walk without limping. I feel like Chester on "Gunsmoke."

On days like today I think about how much Raymond suffered when the weather changed. The phantom pains would just about drive him out of his mind. I would watch while he would joke and laugh with the boys and as soon as they would walk out of the room he would show his agony. It was horrible. When the boys were not home he could scream if he wanted to because I understood what the pain was and that until he could get enough pain meds on board he would be about out of his mind. He never wanted to frighten the boys though, so he would put on that brave face.

So yes, I hurt, but I could have it so much worse. I know this will pass with the weather, and it is not permanent. Just annoying.

I also know that if it would just rain, I would feel so much better.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I hope today's rain has eased your pain.

Cheryl said...

Yes, I am almost walking upright now. Knees ache a little, but nothing like yesterday. Thank you.

Loni said...

Ok, it's raining all right... and raining.. and raining.. are you one big ache between the showers?

Cheryl said...

Well, Advil is my friend tonight. My left knee and hip are really yelling, but it is still better than the other day, of course it could be that I am just used to the pain again.