Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Boys are So Wonderful to Me


I am so lucky to have two wonderful boys.

On the vacation they were very helpful to me on the difficult parts of our hikes to make sure I could get up or down certain sections and to help me jump over little streams and such.

The youngest was great to me Friday evening when I went into back spasms and helped me get in and out of the stores BFF and I had to stop at to return gifts, and he helped me out when my back froze and I was having trouble getting out of the chair at the restaurant.

Both boys helped me into bed on Friday night when my back really started giving me trouble. They brought me water and medicine, and promised to come in and turn off my light after I read myself to sleep. They even came running when I hit the intercom button because I had dropped my Kleenex box and couldn't lean over to pick it up.

Last night I woke up around 2:30 a.m. coughing and couldn't stop. I must have picked up a little bug sitting in the draft from the door at the bake sale table that was part of the church garage . sale. I decided to get up because of the coughing and the oldest heard me and decided he would sit up with me for a little while to make sure I was "okay."

The coughing continued and I felt like something was stuck in my throat. The coughing started engaging my gag reflex and the oldest asked if I thought he should get our "bucket." I told him he might want to if I couldn't stop coughing. Well, lucky us, as soon as he gave me the "bucket" I did engage my gag reflex and we were both ready. I was okay after a few minutes, but decided I needed to sit up for the rest of the night because I didn't want to start coughing again. The oldest sat up with me for about an hour while I dozed on and off. I asked him to bring me another blanket and then go to bed to get some sleep.

I managed to sleep until noon today in the chair, and I let the boy sleep until 1 p.m. We have all had a rough week and I thought we needed the rest. (On Wednesday the youngest asked me if we how long it had been since we had been on vacation, when I said three days, he said it felt more like three weeks.)

I'm so lucky that these boys are so considerate of me. They have some of the best traits of their father and I am so thankful Raymond had a chance to show them how to be good sons, fathers, and men.


1 comment:

Loni said...

I agree; your sons are two of the most delightful and considerate teenagers I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I think that both you and Raymond instilled the best values in them.