Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Colorful Morning

I have three bird feeders outside my living room window, and I have quite a few feathered friends that come and visit me every day. Usually it is the old "birds of a feather" adage with only cardinals, dove, or finches, etc. at the same time. This morning was special though, I had a red-headed woodpecker on one feeder, a bluejay on the one next to that one, and a cardinal looking in at me from the feeder closest to the window. It was a beautiful way to start the morning.

The woodpecker has only been coming around to the feeders for a couple of weeks. He has been on the property for a long time. He scared us one day when we were in our out building because we kept hearing this weird squeaking and as we were looking for the source he crawled up the window screen and started pecking on the window. He is quite large. He seems to like the ceramic feeder with the holes that I inherited from "Sis" the best.


No comments: