Friday, September 14, 2012

A Senior!

My 18 year old informed me last night that he is officially a senior at UTD.  I thought he was just a junior.  I was okay with him being 18 and a junior and knowing he is scheduled to graduate at age 20.  There is just something about hearing the word "senior" that shook me up just a bit.

He will still scheduled to graduate in 2014 at age 20, but in my head that was still a good ways off, only it isn't really that far away now that I heard the word "senior."

Guess I better get my act together and decide what I am going to do the rest of my life.  With Loni graduating with her Masters pretty close to the youngest, I will no longer be a college mom.  I will just be "mom." 

2 comments:

Loni said...

Well, if the youngest goes for his Master's, you'll still be a College Mom.. and then there is your eldest as well and to see what pace he can keep up with working on his Master's.

Cheryl said...

Somehow I don't think I will feel like a college mom if the youngest goes for his Masters. He is definitely maturing pretty quick and has informed me he loves living on his own. Even though he lives with his brother, they don't see each other and he is quite happy being by himself. Another couple of years, and some income and he will probably be like the oldest is now, hard to catch and just a few brief visits. You better get your Kleenex ready!