Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Strategy

Since my youngest has moved back to campus, I no longer have someone to do all the chores while I am at work, which meant I needed a new strategy.  

I spent about three hours last Friday catching up on some things, I am no where near done, but I was able to get a lot of baseboards done, and some other items dusted.  I rearranged some of my quilting tables and took care of some paperwork that had piled up while the internet banking issue was being solved.  I reached  a point where I wouldn't be ashamed if someone walked in announced.  

This week I have been working on trying to figure out how to keep things up a little each day in a more consistent manner so that I can spend weekends going through some closets that are long overdo for a good decluttering.  This morning I sprayed down the shower/tub with cleaner and left the cleaning can where I could see it to remember what I was doing, then tonight I came in and was able to add water and sponge everything down.  I also turned around and did the sink and a few other areas.  The bathroom is not done, but a good portion is and I should be able to finish the rest tomorrow. 

The biggest shocker is the laundry room.  I finished all the laundry yesterday and put everything away except for the bathing suits that belong to others that visit on a regular basis.  (Well, all the laundry except the three baskets in the oldest's bedroom which I am refusing to do.)

My hope is to stay on this path so I will have more quilting time on the weekends.

No comments: