Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Really Think a Bear at a Picnic Table ...

It is an election year so political garbage is being slung right and left.

I have always worked in jobs where I have not been able to express my political views, have bumper stickers, state my political party, etc. because you never want to offend a patient, client, potential new member, or whoever might be walking in the door.  When I was in my 20's and knew people running for office in Dallas who I wanted to support I would stick bumper stickers on Raymond's car instead of mine.  Then I didn't work for 17 years and I was able to do whatever I wanted.  Now, I just keep quiet.  

What gets me though are the people who are constantly sending me emails that have been forwarded over and over again with what I consider hate propaganda, no matter which political party it is against.  I can skip over the stuff on Facebook, but the emails are clogging my email box.  

Do people really think sending me a picture of a bear at a picnic table, or any other ridiculous photoshopped junk they can find, will be the one thing that swings my vote? I am sorry, I am not that shallow. I actually read the views of the candidates, look at their records and make an informed decision.  

I just find it all very irritating, except for my aunt's emails.  They crack me up even though I don't really read them.  She is always sending me political stuff she knows will get under my skin, just to do just that, and then she laughs about it.  She knows I won't read them, and that she has no power over me, she just likes to "get my goat."


No comments: