Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Feeling So Much Better

I was very upset and angry this afternoon over how inconsiderate someone was, and how much their "it is all about me" attitude was making it so hard for me to do my job, and to take care of others.  I was so upset that I thought about driving to Kroger, getting a chocolate pie and eating a good portion of it, but my TOPS lesson this week was about saboteurs, and watching for food cues, and anger is obviously one of mine, so I stayed out of my car and chewed gum instead (a lot of gum!). 

The more hours that went by the more upset I became until I actually made myself physically ill.  I kept trying to find a song that would make me feel better, but to no avail.  I finally posted the following message on Facebook: "I can't think of a song right now to express how angry I am. Anyone know a song that would help a short, redhead with steam coming out of her ears express her anger?"

Two minutes after I posted that message my cell phone rang. It was a friend who has worked with this person telling me she didn't have a song for me, but she was sending me a hug and before long she had me laughing.  Once the phone call was over though I went back to my dark place.

My emotions have been all over tonight because the situation with this person is so difficult to deal with and I know tomorrow is going to be hell. Just as I was about to hit rock bottom I noticed a  reply from my Facebook friend Tim that made my night better: "Hair of the Dog." You would have to take Son of a out of the lyrics though.You could replace Son of a with redheaded" 

I pulled out that song and made the word replacement, then I danced around singing it over and over for a little while and felt much better.  I think singing it in my head tomorrow will make the day go much better.  I like the idea of thinking "Now you're messing with a redheaded B&$#@" and smiling while this person goes about their self-absorbed day."





No comments: