Sunday, September 23, 2012

Money-Dos

Since I have been working on items for the church bazaar at night and my weekends, my housework is falling behind.  I knew I had a night out last night and friends coming for dinner tonight, so I posted the following comment on my youngest's Facebook page "I will pay you $30.00 if you come home this weekend and do some chores for me. That will help pay for pre-release weekend. See I post it on here, because if you can't come home, I bet one of your friends will step up to the plate for some cash." Knowing if he didn't take me up on it, his one friend would.  He responded immediately that he would be home.

Since he was coming home after I had to leave for my evening last night, I left the chore list on the table.  

It read:
$30.00 - Hang picture, frig-change filter, set up fire pot, clean fountain
$50.00 - Clean your bathroom, vacuum house, mop kitchen, plus above
$60.00 - Clean my bathroom, plus above
$100.00 Clean Ha's bathroom, plus above and finish laundry
 
When I came home last night he had started laundry, changed the frig filter, and was waiting on me to check the picture before putting the nail in the wall. 

This morning he got up and made breakfast for Loni and him, and even served Loni in the living room.  During our breakfast conversation the term honey-do's came up and he needed an explanation.  After a discussion, I told him his were more like money-do's.  
 
He did tell me this afternoon that he liked the list set up that way.  It was like his online games, you could reach different levels and go for treasure. 
 
He ended up with $60.00 even though he did not get my bathroom all the way done.  He did other little things not on the list, and he did get almost all the laundry done and put away before going back to campus.  
 
I just went in my bedroom and found another extra, he made my bed and turned it down for me.  I texted him and thanked him for the treat. 

No comments: