Sunday, September 30, 2012

Taking a Break

Taking a little break from the sweat shop my living room has become. 

Table runners for the bazaar have been done for weeks. 

Eyeglass case inventory dwindled because I sold several and I gave away even more.  Friday night and yesterday I spent making cases. I have 19 ready to press, tack and yoyo.  Once those are complete I am going to work on my gift card wallets.  

It isn't necessarily that these items take a long time to sew, it is the laying out of the fabrics and the coordination of it all.  Since I am using scraps and not collections, it is sometimes hard for me to find the "right" fabric that fits what is in my mind.  I tried to make one that I wasn't so thrilled with, but it ended up as a practice scrap under my machine.  No, they have to be just so to go in the bazaar bin.

Everything has to be done by Saturday morning.  I will make it, but I won't necessarily get anything else done.  There is a lot of hand sewing on these items. 

No comments: