Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Horrible Nightmares

Last night was really rough.  

Over the weekend I used sleep aids to try to get some rest. I don't like to use them, but sometimes the insomnia gets to a point where I am so exhausted I have to sleep.  I had three nights of about 10 hours of sleep each, but I tend to consider drug aided sleep to be more like a coma than natural sleep.

Last night I couldn't get to sleep.  I admit I had a lot on my mind and ended up having to do quite a bit of journal writing and crying to even get to where I felt like I might sleep around 2:30 a.m.

It was a fitful night, with a lot of waking up after about 30 minutes or so.  I finally fell into a longer sleep around 4:00 a.m.  Then the nightmares came.  

Horrible nightmares.  Vivid in color nightmares. In one nightmare I was participating in the autopsy of a loved one and discussing each organ as it was removed.  In another I was driving around in a vehicle that looked like a modified riding mower and people kept popping in and out of it for me to take them places, only the driving was really hazardous. Some of the nightmares were just jumbled up events.  All I know is that I am totally exhausted from everything my mind went through last night.  

I didn't have the television on last night.  I think I need to watch it tonight.  Maybe my mind needs to see television to get rid of all the weirdness stored up at the end of the day.

No comments: