Monday, September 17, 2012

Strange New Habit?

I have  developed a new habit, or maybe it is a tic, I am not sure, but it is not good.

I have had a lot of brain fog lately and for the last week or so I have had trouble finding the words I want to say.  

Last week I was telling a friend about a favorite author, but his name would not come to me.  I tried to research his name but was having no luck since I couldn't remember the name of the town he writes about and the partial names of the books I was coming up with did not give me the correct results.  It was very frustrating.  About three days after I had the discussion with my friend I woke up in the morning shouting out the name of the author. (Phillip Gulley)  I laughed at myself and thought how odd.

Then twice this week the same thing happened.  Loni and I saw one of my neighbors walking.  I could remember her last name but had no clue as to her first name.  The next night as I was cleaning the kitchen I shouted out "Liz!"  What is up with that?  It is like I had no control over my mouth.  It just flew open and I shouted out the answer I had been seeking the day before.  

It happened one other occasion this week, but I can't remember what I was trying to remember or what I shouted but I was in the office and my boss wanted to know why I said it.  I just mumbled something and went on about my business.  

I guess I will have to start writing down when it happens and see if I notice a pattern.  Good thing Mina stocked me up on journals this year.  

So if you see a short, fat, redhead shouting out an odd word or two in the grocery store don't be alarmed, it is just me and my memory trying to connect.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

This worries me that you are doing that, particularly in consideration of the family history. If it starts happening a lot, you might want to get that checked out. Love - the other chick!

Cheryl said...

Mina, Don't worry the fog will clear and I will be my pantomiming self again.