Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Whole New Look

I am getting a whole new look at the youngest this morning.  He has a programming assignment due tonight (he thought it was due tomorrow night) and he has to use my computer to do the homework since his is on campus.  I haven't seen him do this kind of work before.  It is quite entertaining.

The first few minutes was complaining that it was due on Saturday when he knows the professor won't look at it until Monday.  This was followed by a hilarious impression of the professor's teaching style and some in class stories. I told the boy that if computer engineering didn't work out for him he could always try stand up comedy.

Now he is down to work and it is really interesting to watch this very dramatic process, especially the rolling around on the couch and throwing up of the arms.  The fist beating against the leg is good too. Do I think he is putting on a show for me?  No, I think this is how he works when he is not in class.  It seems to be a blend of Raymond's and my style of working on a problem. 

I am sure he will finish the assignment soon and it will be just what it needs to be.  He is doing great this semester and I am super proud of him.


No comments: