Sunday, October 21, 2012

Angel Child

I have wonderful children, biological and "adopted."  I am always teasing them as to which one is the favored one at the moment.  

Loni is definitely the favored Angel Child at this moment.  

I spent the last 6 days preparing and working at a thrift sale. Now a lot of people may think I spent the last three days of the sale just sitting in my office, but that is because they weren't there with me at 7:30 A.M. moving things around etc.  Just keeping my mouth shut about certain things took great strength on my part. Plus I was pretty much unable to move after the first 3 days. Fibro kicked in and the pain and soreness has settled into every part of my body. The close down and repacking yesterday was the final thing my body needed to say "ENOUGH."  I came home, cleaned up, put on my robe, grabbed "greenie" and sat down on the couch "DONE."

All I had to eat yesterday was yogurt and a granola bar at 7:00 A.M. and some peanut butter crackers at some point around the lunch time.  I think I managed to get a bottle of water in between those two feedings, but as hungry as I was I could not make myself get up again.  Loni and texting to the rescue.  She checked in on me and offered to bring food.  I wanted comfort food so I asked for Mimi's Chicken Pot Pie and salty Doritos or Cheetos.  She soon arrived and as a true TOPS friend only brought me snack sized salties with the pot pie.

Evidently I was in such a stupor I  missed all the other stuff the Angel Child did while she was here.  When I finally was able to get up and go get ready for bed I realized she had taken out the trash, straightened and turned down my bed, and loaded up the toilet paper holder.  

I am so blessed on a daily basis, but on days like last night I count all my blessing twice.  It makes me think of all those in the world without someone to take care of them when they aren't feeling well.  

I must remember to do something extra kind next week for someone, if I can move by then. 

No comments: