Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Hate Creepy Doll Heads

A friend of a friend sculpts dolls. She does very intricate work on the dolls, and truly is an artist, but I find the damn things creepy.  Their faces get in my brain and really mess with me.  Today they called me over to see some of her collection and there was no way to say "no."  I did manage to avert my eyes during most of the visit, but there were times they just put them to my face and I had no choice but to look and try to hide my shivers.

I used to be the queen of watching horror movies. I would sit up all night long watching them as a teenager, but then of course I could sleep all the next day. 
When Raymond and I were dating he hated horror movies but he would go with me and then be mad because he went.  It used to crack me up.  Later he got used to some of them and would watch them without griping too much as long as they weren't too horribly frightening.  I remember us going to the drive-in to see a double feature of  The Fog and The Hills Have Eyes.  We went back to my parents afterwards and by the time Raymond left the lake fog had settled in over our property.  The lake fog was always thick and wet, and you were lucky to see a foot in front of you.  I remember having so much fun messing with Raymond that night as he went to leave.  He complained about that for years and years.  

It wasn't until I watched Pet Sematary while I was pregnant with the oldest that I started hating watching horror films.  I have watched very few since that time, and I don't care much for most commercials for horror films these days.  The worst of all of the horror film commercials are the ones for Chucky movies. I hate that doll. It creeps me out big time.  I have never seen a Chucky movie because of how much the doll disturbs me.  Those damn dolls today reminded me of Chucky. Even just sitting in a room today knowing that one of the creepy dolls was in the room behind me gave me the willies. 

Now I found out that I am going to have to deal with these dolls for several months.  I may never sleep again.  I just can't get their creepy doll heads out of my brain.

No comments: