Friday, October 19, 2012

I Always Say I Won't Do It

Every time a garage sale is mentioned as a fund raiser I swear up and down I won't do it, and I end up volunteering every single time.  

It is one thing to have your own garage sale where you are only dealing with touching your own stuff, but doing a sale where nothing being sold is yours and you have no idea where the stuff has been, who has done what with it or on it is just gross.  

My dream is to one day have enough money so when someone says we need to raise $________ for ___________ let's have a garage sale, I can just write them a check and say "let's not and say we did."
 
Yes, I volunteered to work on another sale. Today was the first day and there are two days left, but we spent the first three days of the week unpacking boxes.  By the end of the day on Saturday I might have to soak in Purell for two days.
 
This sale would NOT have been possible without the hard work of T, J, M, B, and the other M.  Not only have they worked hard and put up with a lot, they have provided hours of laughter.  Thank you all.

I think the next time someone mentions garage sale I will be strong enough to say "no."


No comments: