Monday, October 29, 2012

Friday's Good Deed

Once again, why me?

I had two encounters with strangers at the grocery store Friday.

The first encounter started when I heard a woman a family where something was but the family just walked away.  As I was passing the woman I asked her what she was looking for and she answered "green chiles."  I told her they were in the Mexican specialty aisle under the taco shells.  She informed me she had looked there already and no green chiles.  I assured her they were there the week before and I was sure they hadn't been moved.  She huffed and went on.  A few minutes later she came back to find me and thanked me because the chiles were where I said.  I told her no problem and we parted ways.

The second encounter was when I was picking up my yogurt.  A woman came up to me holding a box of Velveeta.  She asked me if I had used it before.  I said "yes."  She then asked if I knew of a recipe that called for sausage or hamburger and made a dip.  I proceeded to tell her how to make the recipe, she was very thankful.  I then looked in her cart and noticed she had beer, soda, and other party items, but was missing one very obvious item.  As we said goodbye I told her to make sure she picked up her tortilla chips.  She looked down in the cart and said "Oh my goodness, thank you!" and off she went back to the chips.  

That was Friday's good deed. 

No comments: