Friday, October 26, 2012

Great Day

My day did not turn out as planned, but it was such a great day!

I had my day all down on paper as I had a lot to accomplish.
  • Stop by unsurprise party for a friend to leave a card and hugs
  • Walgreens for new headbands 
  • Vote
  • Bank
  • Target for worm rags
  • Grocery
  • Home 
    • Get fishing gear ready
    • Laundry
    • Prepare cooler
    • Prep Tortilla Soup
  • Regular Friday night dinner with Loni
I managed to get to complete
  • Party
  • Walgreens
  • Vote
  • Bank
  • Grocery
  • Laundry
  • Dinner with Loni
But between the bank and grocery shopping there was a big change of plans.  
 
I came home one day this week to a very sad sounding phone message from a friend.  It made me depressed just to listen to it.  The message itself was not depressing it was the sound of my friend's voice.  I could tell she was in her sad place.  I talked to her that night, and she sounded better, but I was worried about her.  I had spent time with her last Saturday and she was okay, but I know her moods can go south fast.  I had called her early this morning to check on her and she did not answer.  When I was leaving the bank she called me and sounded sad again so I asked her if I could take her to lunch and if she would like to help me shop for some new sweaters.  She asked me if I would take her to her favorite Chinese place and I said sure.  She said "YAY!"  I made arrangements to pick her up and off I went.  
 
When I picked my friend up she told me just how depressed she had been this week and that she wasn't sure why.  We chit chatted to the restaurant and then once seated we really started talking.  It wasn't long before we were laughing ourselves sick.  At the end of lunch she told me she felt much better. 

No comments: