Monday, October 1, 2012

Proud of Myself

Tonight I decided to really make myself a real dinner and sit at the kitchen table to eat it, something I never do unless I have someone here with me. 

Now I admit I did not get one of my recipes out and cook, I made a PF Chang frozen meal and some spring rolls. I had not tried this meal before, and I usually use a different brand when I want Chinese food at home, but I wanted something new.  I also made myself a dish of fresh raw veggies (no dip).

It was very disappointing.  The taste I wanted just wasn't there.  I always know when the taste is not there because I find myself just putting the food in my mouth, doing the minimum about of chewing, and swallowing without tasting.  I did eat an entire spring roll, but I threw the rest out, and the chicken/noodle dish wasn't very tasty so after a few bites I threw all of it out too.  I didn't see any reason to eat calories I wasn't enjoying.  

I ended up having some Kashi cereal and my veggies.  

I am proud of my choices tonight.

No comments: