Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The World Just Keeps Getting Smaller

I was sitting at my desk working on adding links to a group email this afternoon when I received a text from a friend.  It read "The new hire here is___________. She said she dated your brother. So dish... Is she ok or are we in trouble??"

My first response in my head was how on earth did they end up discussing who she dated.  I mean this girl and my brother broke up 4 years ago, and they did more than date, they were together for several years.  I started wondering if you have to put past relationships on job applications nowadays.  

After I recovered from the initial surprise of the first text I responded and we had several back and forth texts about how they got around to this information only to find out that another person that works with my friend knows my brother.  WHAT????

I just thought the whole thing was weird. I haven't seen my brother's old girlfriend in about 3 years.  I haven't seen my brother in over 4 years. Now in one day, a friend that until recently I hadn't seen in six years is working with 2 people that know my brother.  The world just keeps getting smaller everyday.

My brother loves stuff like this, he seems to always have some six degrees of separation story to tell me, so I decided to call him so I could tell him about his ex working with my friend, etc.  When he answered I said "Hey you are never going to believe this but ____________" that is as far as I got because he then said "Oh yeah, she is working at ____________, along with another friend of mine and evidently a friend of yours."  HUH? How did he find out already? I guess his ex remembered how much he likes stuff like that too.  

No comments: