Saturday, April 11, 2009

All Is Right in My World Tonight


I have laughed so much today that my side hurts.

BFF J and I went to lunch today and then did a little shopping without buying anything. We also stopped at the library and picked up some books. I am so glad she went in and found something to read. I think everyone should enjoy the library. Sis is going there more now, and if I could get BFF to make it a regular stop it would make me almost giddy with delight. Libraries are really special to me.

Once home I worked on designing the rest of the back to the cat quilt so I could make sure she approved before finishing it up. I'm glad she had the chance to do that, because I really want her to like the completed quilt. She read while I finished up on the EQ6.

After we had made the final decision on the quilt, we played Quirkle. We played three games in a row!!! I was on cloud nine.

We chatted a little after that and then she was on her way home to her hubby.

While we were playing Quirkle the oldest came home and so after BFF left I told the boys I would take them to dinner. So off we went to Chili's. They have some very nice lighter dishes on the menu that are not very expensive so I was able to find something for my not too hungry self. While we were there, my oldest said something that added to something the youngest had said that cracked me up, so I went into a laughing fit that I thought would never end. Then the youngest had missed the oldest's comment and he said it again, which made the youngest crack up and the whole thing started over again. It was a terrific dinner.

The next stop was the new Super Target. We had not been there yet, so of course I had to check everything out. The youngest wants to redo his bathroom so he was looking at the bathroom colors. His bathroom has been frogs forever. I was very pleased with his choices. He found towels he liked first, then the matching rug, and then a soap dispenser and garage can.

I wanted to still walk around after we found the bathroom items and ended up buying a beautiful green bird feeder, and a green doormat from recycled rubber. We also found some food stuff that was $2.00 cheaper than Krogers (and not because it was on sale). I could have stayed in the frozen food section for hours looking at all the different items they had, but I knew I needed to leave before I got in over my head.

We stopped at Walgreen's on the way home to pick up a couple of chocolate bunnies for the boys' Easter basket, and that is when we really got rowdy laughing. It seems that every year they get stranger and stranger items for Easter baskets. I guess I didn't realize how loud we were becoming until one of the sales clerks came over and said that we needed to tell her what was so funny because she needed a few laughs herself. We were afraid to tell her until she asked us if we found some of the the Easter stuff weird and then we were all pointing and laughing. It was fun. I am sure the other shoppers were annoyed, but then they all looked stress trying to put together Easter baskets from what little was left.

We came home and the boys carried everything in for me. I checked my email and there was a message from Sis. Then I checked on my girls using their Facebook pages and I know they are both good. Now I am in my chair with my feet up, listening to the boys play in the other room, a good book by my side, and a smile on my face.

All is right in my world tonight.

No comments: