Saturday, April 18, 2009

Best Birthday in a While - Yeah 50!

I have been celebrating my birthday all week. First Marie took me to lunch at Olive Garden on Monday. Then L took me there on Tuesday night (all my choice). Then last night Sis took me to San Miguels.

Today I got up singing about my birthday, and the boys and I headed down to Live Green Expo, only to get there with it raining and so crowded at opening time that we turned around and left to buy socks at Target.

We got home to find the workmen already digging up the pipe in the back yard.

The youngest made my cake icing and I iced the cake while we waited for my BFF to go to lunch at Olive Garden. During that wait, another friend stopped by with terrific gifts, a cd, jigsaw puzzle and chocolate. She said I could listen to music, work the puzzle and eat chocolates at the same time. Works for me. BFF arrived right behind that friend, and then as she was walking in the UPS man brought my Kindle2. What a terrific few minutes.

Once the flurry settled down, BFF, the boys and I headed to Olive Garden. When we got there BFF asked for a table of 6. I counted only 4 in our party so I wanted to know who was coming, but she wasn't telling. I finally started jumping up and down and saying it was my birthday and I wanted to know. Well it was the girls, L & M. I didn't even think I would get to see M for three weeks so I was thrilled. BFF and the girls don't know each other, but BFF contacted them through their blogs and made the arrangements. It was such a surprise and so much fun, as well as delicious.

After lunch and a couple of errands, BFF, the boys and I went back home to open presents and have cake. The presents were terrific, and the cake delicious.

BFF had to leave after a little while, but we are going out next Saturday for a special time together.

I played around with my Kindle2, which I love, and the oldest played around with his gifts since he turned 19 today, then we decided to go to the movies. We went to see "Sunshine Cleaning."

The movie was very good. Youngest didn't care for it as much as oldest and I liked it, but it isn't his birthday.

Appetizers at Chili's after the movie, and then an errand, and home to eat more cake and play Quirkle.

In-laws called and we chatted.

I finished "Handle with Care" by Jodi Picoult, and will now start a Kindle2 book.

This was the best birthday I have had in a while. Yeah to turning 50!


No comments: