Monday, April 20, 2009

I Want More Sleep

Sleep issues are plaguing me again. I thought I had conquered them a few weeks ago, but now I am up and down all night again.

Every sound seems to be amplified. The last two nights it has been the pump in the septic system that is on that side of the house. The low hum gets in my head and just drives me crazy.

Hot flashes are hitting me about 3 a.m. each night.

5:30 a.m. seems to be when the worries start creeping in.

6:45 and I am ready to get up, but I know that I can sleep until 7:25, so I lay there for about five minutes trying to decide if I should get up or read for a little while so I don't disturb the youngest. I will invariably fall back to sleep and then the alarm will shrill at me just as I feel like I getting the best sleep of the night.

I am hoping this is a temporary issue, but after years and years of sleep issues, and just as many years trying remedies, I am not very hopeful.

I really want more sleep.

1 comment:

Loni said...

you and my DH both need more sleep; he is run ragged with dealing with his mom.. and she's being a cranky elder as well.