Friday, April 3, 2009

What is it About April?


I have always liked April. It is my birthday month. It is my oldest's and cousin's birthday month (actually we were all born on the same date), and I have other relatives, and friends that share this month with me for birthdays.

It is the month that we really start to see the leaves coming out on the trees, and flowers popping up from the ground and in the garden centers.

However, in the past fifteen years or so when I think if April my first thought is "What horrible thing will happen this year?"

The Oklahoma City bombing, Columbine, Virginia Tech, and now Binghamton all in April. I am sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind at this time.

Those events are usually the first thing I think about now when I think about April. I have spent days wondering what it is about April that these events happened.

No comments: