Monday, April 6, 2009

Doctor's Report

Okay, I was a big girl and went to the doctor. Here is the report so far:

  • I have not gained or lost weight in 6 months.
  • My numbers from my blood test were not bad, except my glucose levels were higher than she wanted, but not diabetic.
  • She is retesting my vitamin D.
  • She wants me to try the Sugar Busters Diet
  • She wants me to eat the same amount of calories I am eating, but broken into more meals
  • She wants me to think about heat yoga (?)
  • She will run my blood work again in 6 months

All in all not a bad trip, except she kept saying "Now that you are 50." I wanted to scream I am not 50 yet! I will not be 50 for another 12 days. However she kept saying it. Examples:

  • "As a 50 year old female your metabolism isn't like it used to be."
  • "Now that you are 50 you can have a colonoscopy."
  • "At 50 you probably need to be more aware of your blood glucose, and watch for diabetes."

I'm not even 50 yet and it already sucks.

So tonight I will order the Sugar Busters Diet and Shopping Guide, take my vitamin D, have trouble getting to sleep thinking about a colonoscopy, and then when I do fall asleep I will dream of the perfect birthday cake my youngest is making me for when I AM 50, because I don't care what Sugar Busters says I having my special birthday cake!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I'm proud of you for going. Very happy for you that you have not gained any weight in 6 mos. Wish I could say that. You did what you had to do (even though it's not fun!) and you survived it.

Good on ya'!

Loni said...

It's ok.. hmm.. was either Hatha yoga or maybe is that Bikram/Hot yoga

http://yoga.about.com/od/typesofyoga/a/yogatypes.htm

I'm proud of you!