Monday, April 6, 2009

Hot Yoga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikram_Yoga

Bikram's
Yoga
, also known as Hot Yoga, or "Fire Yoga" is a style of yoga developed by Bikram Choudhury and a Los Angeles, California based company.[1] Bikram Yoga is ideally practiced in a room heated to 105°F (40.5°C) with a humidity of 40%. Classes are guided by specific dialogue including 26 postures and two breathing exercises. Classes last approximately 90 minutes. Beginners may take Bikram's yoga classes.
Doctor - Are you kidding me? I know I complain about being cold a lot, but I really don't know if I could breathe in a room that hot while exercising. I know my muscles wouldn't hurt, but they would have to put a tube into my mouth and just keep pouring water down my throat.

She told me that there was a group on Campbell offering ten classes for $10.00. I would need a friend to go with me so that when I passed out they could call the contact the right people. Hey BFF you ready to try it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure. You know me - I'll try anything!
Catmom5

Loni said...

Please, I am going to be doing good to ride my bike at HHH if it is that hot.. and that is the ONLY event where I will even remotely attempt to exercise when it is that hot. I sure wouldn't be trying YOGA when it's that hot, 105F... Hope you and Catmom5 have fun with that :)