Sunday, April 19, 2009

Grey or Gray No More

New Hair Color


One time back in the 1980's, Raymond and I were flying home from KY and had long lay over at some airport and no money to buy magazines or books to replace the ones we had finished, so we sat and people watched. A woman walked by and Raymond commented on the color of her hair. It was a nice mahogany color. When Raymond came home from work the next day, my hair was that color. He really liked it.


Over the years I would change my hair color quite often, sometimes with disastrous results. One time I tried a brand new product on the market and my hair turned a bright glow-in-the-dark orange. I actually glowed in the dark It took an emergency trip to the hair dresser to fix that one. Another time my hair was a clown orange. Raymond was not too happy with that one since we had plans that night. I have had my hair almost white blonde, and some very deep reds. It was always fun.

After Raymond became ill there was just not time for that type of upkeep. So I stopped and went back to my faded strawberry/blonde hair, which became grayer with each surgery, ER trip, etc. Lately I have really noticed just how gray it is.

A lot of people like the gray. They say that since it is in clumps of gray it looks like block highlighting. My last two hair stylists have commented on how much they like the blocks of gray. I even liked them until the hair around my face became so white that I felt faded all the time as a person. It was really noticeable under harsh lighting.

Yesterday I decided it was time to take away the fade. I had bought new makeup the night before, so now it was time to fix the hair. It is a little lighter than I wanted, but the boys thought it was okay. I think it more of a shock than anything to actually see color where it was all white.

I don't know if I will keep it up, but it made the day interesting.

At least there is no more grey, or gray.

3 comments:

Loni said...

hmm.. if the picture is the results, I can say preliminarily that I like it.

I've been debating on hacking mine all off for the summer... but nearly every time I do that, i regret it.

Anonymous said...

To quote SJP "I likey! I likey!"

OK - you don't know how SJP is, do you? Hint - star of Sex and the City---

Catmom5

Unknown said...

Very pretty shade. I like it.