Sunday, April 24, 2011

52nd Birthday - Celebration Day

Once again I have had a wonderful birthday thanks to all my friends, and of course, it is not over yet.

This year's birthday started out with the 30 days of gifts from Loni.  It has been so much fun to open a gift each day. I get to pick the time I open the gift, so sometimes it is early morning, other times it is the saddest part of my day, and other times it is just because I have waited to savor the moment.  The majority of the gifts have been fat quarters for my quilting stash.  I have such fun arranging them each day into different groups.  I have two gifts left!

Since my birthday (and my oldest's) was on Monday this year, we broke the weekend up between us. We celebrated mine on Saturday, and his on Sunday.

Saturday, April 16, the boys, Jill, Loni and I met Stan and Mina at La Hacienda in Frisco for lunch.  Mina gave me a beautiful LIz Claiborne green purse.  Lots of pockets, a matching wallet and mini purse.  Great gift!  Stan gave me money to go mad with :).  We had a great lunch with lots of laughter, and then Mina and Stan left to have some time together before she flew out again, and the rest of us went to Aaron Brothers where my oldest took in a piece of his art work to have it custom framed for me as part of my gift.

Once home, it was time for us to open gifts.  I received the following, although I may be leaving out some things, but not on purpose:
  • The youngest gave me a quilt kit called "Moonlight Turtles" with Bali fabrics.  Gorgeous quilt and I can't wait to work on that one, but not until my shoulder is better.
  • The oldest gave me a fabulous wind chime made with a banana leaf in addition to the framed art.
  • Jill gave me this great green floral tote filled with gifts, a turtle rain gauge, paisley turtles for the patio, a green nightshirt with a quilt saying, and lip balms. There may have been something else I am forgetting, but I had a great time opening everything and got a little overwhelmed by all the great turtles.
  • I received money from my in-laws.
  • Loni paid my registration to the Trek Tri in October 
We all spent the rest of the day together.  I played the card game version of Cataan with my oldest while Jill made pillowcases, and Loni helped her cut fabric. It was a perfect celebration day.

No comments: