Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 9, a Saturday

Started today off with a trip to Blue Ribbon Quilt Shoppe in Wylie, TX to get a backing for the "Storm at Sea" quilt I am making from a pre-cut kit I bought on clearance over a year ago, in fact, maybe closer to two years ago.

Jill purchased fabrics to finish several pillowcases she has in queue.

We stopped for a nice lunch at  a Taste of Home before heading back to the house.  Mina arrived almost immediately after we settled into the house and then it was Mina on baby quilts for triplets, Jill cutting out fabrics for pillowcases, and me encasing my shoulder in constantly flowing ice water and STIM treatments.

Once Mina had all three quilts backed and stitched closed, Mina took me on a little shopping trip to JCP so I could take advantage of their sale.  I was able to get 4 tops, and a new green purse from Cabin Creek.  Did I need a new green purse? No, but I don't have one this color and it said Cabin Creek, it was a must.  

Jill was not feeling her best so she went home when we left for JCP.  

Once Mina dropped me off, I started pinning and sewing the rows of the "Storms at Sea" quilt.  Takes me a long time with this shoulder like it is, but I managed to get four rows done.  This is a quilt kit for intermediate or advanced quilters, I am neither of those, but I think I am doing an okay job under the circumstances.  Here it is with the first four rows together, but not pressed.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Great job on the Storms at Sea! It will be so fun to quilt it. I can already picture the gentle curves in a diagonal.

Loni said...

Missed y'all, but having a total blast at DFW Fiber Fest.