Thursday, April 7, 2011

Check Up Number Two Since Surgery

Loni drove me to see the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon.  Had a 4:45 p.m. appointment and we did not get out until 6:30.  Usually I would mind that but he doesn't run behind because he has 30 people waiting to see him, he runs behind because he gives each patient the time they need.

He put me through some range of motion exercises, gave me some new stick exercises (the man loves the pvc walking stick), and wrote some new prescriptions.  He was not happy I was denied PT, but I think he is pleased with my progress. 

I feel good about my progress, I I think he is right the pvc walking stick does make a difference.  

I was disappointed that he said it would be a while before I could drive.  I had having to ask people to take me places.  

Loni and I had already planned to eat somewhere between home and the doctor's office to try to get out of some of the traffic.  We ended up at an Olive Garden in Addison. We were in the training section and I have to say our waiter tried very hard, but he needs some more training.  Nothing was wrong, he got everything right, but he lacked the finesse of a trained waiter.  I am sure he will get there some day.  

After dinner it was home for Survivor and Criminal Minds.  

Now I am waiting for some medication to start to work so I can go to sleep.  My shoulder and arm are not happy with all the stretching and movement the Dr. had me working on today. 


2 comments:

Loni said...

The walking stick we built is just as good as the one he built :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad that he is pleased with your progress.