Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Oldest Turned 21

My oldest turned 21 the day I turned 52, and we celebrated his birthday the day before the actual day.

We got up and I fixed him a breakfast of homemade buttermilk biscuits and scrambled eggs with ham and cheese. Of course, Loni was invited to join us and did.  

The rest of the day was spent with the oldest and youngest playing games, and just being lazy.  

We left to go to Denton to take the youngest back around 5:30 because we were going to meet the oldest's girlfriend at Olive Garden to celebrate his birthday.  We all had a nice dinner, and then he left with the girlfriend to spend some alone time with her while Loni and I took the youngest to campus and then Loni and I went to Beth Marie's for our dessert. 

When we finished our ice cream we picked the oldest up and headed home.  It was on the way home I realized that I had forgotten to make his birthday pie.  I was so very sorry for that.  I had the ingredients out and just forgot.  He agreed that we had enough food for him to take back to campus and that he was okay with waiting a week for his pie. He is such a good boy.  

No comments: