Friday, April 8, 2011

The Band's Last Waltz

When I was between my first and second year of college, I started dating a member of my brother's band.  He was a few years older than me and from New York.  His name was Jan.  We had a lot of fun together.  We would go to clubs, out to eat, the movies, or just a nice park to hang out.  I don't remember a lot about some of our dates, but one has always stood out in my mind. Jan took me to Lexington, KY to see The Band's Last Waltz. 

The Last Waltz (Special Edition)

I was not familiar with The Band, but I fell in love with the music that night and the cd's from that movie have been a staple in my collection for many, many years.  Obviously, a lot longer than Jan.

As a side note, Raymond was not fond of Jan.  We ran into each other one night when Raymond was on a date at the movies, and I was with Jan.  Raymond looked like he wanted to punch Jan out and would later laugh at the fact that I dated a balding, short man with such a goofy mustache.  What can I say, he was a nice guy and treated me like a queen.


No comments: