Sunday, April 10, 2011

Year of Daring Coming to an End

Last April I declared my 51st year to be my year of daring and wanted to accomplish at least the following items:
  1. Drive to DFW Airport. Completed, more than once thanks to Loni and Mina and their travels.
  2. Change a tire. Gave that one up when I hurt my shoulder. No way I could do that any time soon.
  3. Drive to Fort Worth Zoo. Completed.  Had a lovely day at the zoo with Loni and then went to campus and picked up the youngest for dinner out.
  4. Ride Dart train to Downtown Dallas. Will not be completed by my 52nd birthday, but will be soon after as I have plans to do this on April 23.
  5. Try new food at regular favorite restaurants. I have done this at several restaurants such as Olive Garden, Joe's Bistro, Chili's, BJ's, Red Lobster, and several other places. Have gone back to my favorites in most of the restaurants because nothing beats my favs, except Olive Garden because I have not found a fav there yet, only a few things I wouldn't eat again.
I have done other daring things throughout this year, such as get up on stage at "Menopause, the Musical" and kick up my legs in a solidarity line with menopausal sisters I have never met.

I made a very daring financial move.

I had the house remodeled... a lot!  Very daring.

I went to art festivals with the attitude that no art I wanted would be left behind.

I chose to not live with the shoulder pain and had shoulder surgery, a surgery with a long recovery time.  

I let some people and some things go.

I challenged myself with some of the quilts I made.

Yes, I think I did a good job with my year of daring.  Now I have to decide what my 52nd year will be.

 


1 comment:

Loni said...

It's been a grand year of watching you step out of your box and be Daring in lots of ways.