Saturday, April 23, 2011

Let's Finish Year 51 Before We Get to 52 - Volume Four - Finishing Out the Day

Once we returned to the Parker station from our grand trip on the DART rail, Loni and I went to Outback Steakhouse for a late lunch.  Unfortunately, I knew my BFF was working today, and Loni's BFF said she had already had Subway and was going to continue studying, so they were not able to join us today, or for lunch.  They were missed.

Loni and I both enjoyed the Outback Special from the lunch menu and opted for no dessert because we were satisfied and not full, so why push it.  

After lunch Loni took me to Fabric Fanatics in Plano, a store that only sells batiks.  Oh my, I was in heaven.  I found the fabric for a new pattern of place mats I want for a brighter fresher look in spring and summer and a couple of fabrics I just had to have.  Quite frankly, I wanted almost every batik in the store.  There was only one woman working but she was very nice.  Loni decided a gift card to this store would be a perfect gift for the youngest to give me for Mother's Day, so he owes her money.  

This store was truly the perfect finish to this day.  I will be back there often I am sure, but only when I know what I need the fabric for, otherwise I will go broke, and John will be adding on to the house.  Once BFF sees this store she might have to start storing fabric at her house, because she is definitely running out of room on her bookcase.
Thanks for going with me today Loni!

It was a great Year of Daring!



No comments: