Monday, March 19, 2012

Artscape/Dallas Blooms, 2012

Saturday, March 17, St. Patrick's Day, Loni, the boys and I went to Artscape and Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum. 

Even though Loni has lived in the Dallas area for a long time, she had never been to the Arboretum.  The boys and I have been a few times over the years.  The youngest and I have been to Artscape once before when a friend of ours was one of the artists.  

The first thing that I noticed as we entered the Arboretum was the "Small Houses of the Great Artists" as the Georgia O'Keeffe house was at the entrance.  All the Small Houses were wonderful but Vincent Van Gogh has a special place in my heart, so the Van Gogh Small House gave me a little chill.  The oldest was nice enough to get me a great picture of the bed.


As we walked through Artscape I made sure I said a quick "Hello" to Daryoush Ababaf.  His bird tiles enhance my bathroom. Gary Bachers was there with his new orchids collection, and I saw a couple of tree prints I loved, but I had not hung the last print of his I purchased. 

There were several artists whose work I had to tear myself away from and not purchase as I am out of wall space, and I need to budget for the big trip coming up.  I did treat myself to three pieces, and picked up a piece for the oldest.

My turtle piece from this show is by Mary DiStefano-Jarowitz.  I have purchased from her before for myself, Loni and Mina.  I really, really love this turtle.


Now my youngest does not understand the purchase I made for myself from Martin Pothier.  


 He just does not understand my heritage and the memories I have of going to my grandma's house and the late night trips to the outhouse.   My oldest chose a cool waterfall photo that he is going to hang in his bathroom.  (Yes, the entire family is a little odd.)

My last purchase was from Earthfire Greenware.  They were here from Lewisville, OH.  I saw this piece when I was walking by and it made my heart skip a little because I have to keep reminding myself lately to breathe.  I hung it over my sliding glass door even though it was small for the space.  I need to see it often. 


After going through Artscape we walked through the Arboretum and the oldest was nice enough to take some pictures for me.

Here are some of my favorites from the pictures he took with my little camera.

Oldest in front of the Mountain Laurel       



Youngest at Small House of Pablo Picasso

Mama C on path to Frog Pond

My favorite flower picture of the day.  It is a bit off, just like me!
When we left the Arboretum we went to Red Lobster for a nice leisurely lunch.  After lunch I took the boys to Lonestar Comics to spend their Spring Break gifts, and then I took Loni to the Woolie Ewe so she could find some yarn for one of her projects. 

It was a wonderful family day.  No one got sunburned.  No one was injured or had a strange allergy attack.

Mama went to bed very happy that night.







No comments: