Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Really Do Want to Sleep

Sleep issues have always hounded me since high school, and during the Spring Forward/Fall Back time change weeks my sleep issues worsen.

Since March 11 when we did the "Spring Forward" time change I have been doing good to get four hours of sleep.  Saturday night I managed with the help of a sleep aid to get 9 hours of sleep.  

Sunday, due to the end of Spring Break and spending as much time as possible with the boys, I only had four hours again, but I had been renewed by the 9 hours the day before.

Then came Monday.  Monday night was stormy, not severe here, but lots of rain, thunder and lightning.  The change in the atmosphere stirred up a lot of aches and pains, and then my mind went into overdrive.  I finally felt like I might be able to sleep around 3:30 a.m.  I went to bed and had just drifted off when the septic alarm went off.  The septic alarm sounds like a dentist took his drill, amplified it as high as it would go, and then started drilling in whichever ear is not next to the pillow.  

Once I hard that alarm, my eyes flew open and that was pretty much it for the night.  I finally turned the stereo on loud enough to cover up the alarm and managed about an hour before the alarm clock went off. 
 
I know from experience that I am in real danger of starting off a cycle that will be hard to break.  I need several nights of at least six hours of sleep to break the pattern.

I really do want to sleep.  I am just having trouble getting there.


No comments: