Monday, March 26, 2012

Peaceful Weekend

This was a peaceful weekend.  

Friday I ran errands in the morning, visited with a friend in the afternoon, received phone calls from friends near and far, and then worked on laundry and some house chores in the evening.  

Saturday brought a visits from Mina and Lisa in the morning, and then it was a lazy day with my youngest. We watched more episodes of Doc Martin and talked.  We did a few outside chores, including putting my porch swing back up after the storm earlier in the week took it off the patio and into a heap in the mud.  In the early evening we picked up Loni to run some errands and had dinner.   The youngest had a friend over in the evening, while I watched television.

Today was pancake family breakfast with the youngest and Loni so I could try out my new pancake turner.  After breakfast we all visited for a while before Loni went home to work on her homework.  The youngest and I took a walk in our field to see what was going on around the property this Spring. Once inside we finished watching season 4 of Doc Martin.  The rest of the day and evening was just spent goofing off either together or doing our own thing.  

I've noticed it is getting harder and harder to get the youngest to leave on Sundays. I am glad he enjoys being at home.  Of course, I was the same way when I was in college. I hated going back to the dorm after a nice weekend of the comforts of home.

I feel relaxed enough to hit the week running.  We are going into one of our busiest times at work and a lot of it will fall on my shoulders, so I am glad for the nice rest.  

 


No comments: