Saturday, March 31, 2012

I am Getting Stronger

 Kelly Clarkson's song "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) doesn't entirely pertain to me, but this part does.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

Thanks to you I got a new thing started
Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted
Thanks to you I'm finally thinking 'bout me"

Thanks to the big "kick in the ass" I got early this week, I do feel like I am getting stronger, and I have started "thinking 'bout me."

I have been on a huge emotional roller coaster since New Year's Eve, 2011, but I think things are starting to turn around.  I know there are going to be more dips and highs, but I believe I won't scream and cry through them now.

Thank you dear friend for "kicking" me.  I know I did not appreciate it the other night, just like I never appreciated it all those years ago, but you are right I needed it.  You may have to kick me some more down the road, but I know you are up to it. I also know there will be times when you will enjoy it just a little too much, I'll try not to take offense.

As you tell me  "I Know, You Know."

 Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

No comments: