Friday, March 23, 2012

Channeling

It seems I have been channeling Mina lately.  Her hot flashes have become my hot flashes in the middle of the night.  Not cool since I have been over mine for years.  

Today I channeled her blonde moments, which even she admits she has once in a while.  Here are just a few of the highlights! (LOL)
  • This morning I forgot my member bank account number.  A number I have had for over 30 years!  Took me 20 minutes of hunting before I realized I could get it off my online statements.  (It is a different account number than the one on my checks.)
  • I could not find my jeans this morning, even though I remembered washing them and putting them away earlier in the week.  All I had on the shelf were the old ones that I have trouble keeping up these days.  I looked in the hamper and saw a couple of the new pair, but I could not figure out what happened to the others. Then later this afternoon I opened the dryer while doing other laundry and there were the two pair of jeans I had been looking for earlier.
  • The number one thing I had to do today was go to the bank.  I planned my errand route so that I would go north, then come south and hit everything in a very nice organized manner.  Kohls to use my $10 cash, JCP to look for some things for Alaska, Target to get air filters, tp, and other essentials, bank, and then home.  Left Target and told myself to go to the bank, then turned the opposite way of the bank.  Was singing and having a good time in the car and not thinking about the bank at all, in fact I was thinking about a Sonic fish sandwich, when I realized I needed to turn around and go back to the bank.  Thank goodness I remembered.  I was only a little bit out off my route.
  • I put in a load of laundry that never goes in the dryer.  Washer beeped, I went in and put everything in the dryer and walked away.  Fortunately I had to go back in the laundry room after about 10 minutes and I wondered why the dryer was running.  I was able to get everything out and hung up without consequences.
Mina, I'll take the hot flashes, but you can keep the blonde moments!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think there is anything else that I could channel (well, there is, but I wouldn't want anyone to have to experience the back pain that I have been dealing with lately).

So be glad that it is only my blondie moments and hot flashes!