Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Since we have the big trip to Alaska coming up, I was not able to take any days off during the boys Spring Break, but I enjoyed it very much.

It took a little getting used to having people back in the house full time, especially the sounds after I would go to bed, but once the initial impact was over it was fun.  

I will admit there were a couple of nights when the family wanted to smack the oldest, but after that everything was like old times.

Of course having the boys in the house also means having their friends in the casa, which always makes Mama happy.  

Unfortunately two of my favorite boys couldn't be here over Spring Break and I had to mourn them a little.  The one is in the army and the other couldn't make the trip home from Butler.  I have gotten used to the army boy being gone, but this would have been the last Spring Break with the Butler boy.  He will graduate in May and most likely end up in New York, or some place else far away.  That is going to break my heart a little.

I am blessed to have such wonderful children in my life, both by blood and through friendship.


No comments: