Saturday, March 31, 2012

Great Day

Today has been a great day!

I woke up after 9 1/2 hours of excellent sleep, yes I had to use some medication to get it but the insomnia cycle had to be broken. Truthfully, I could have slept another 3 hours, but I had to get the youngest up and out of the house for his haircut.  
While the youngest was gone I cleaned out my medicine cabinet of old drugs.  I also made sure I had plenty of my medications to take to Alaska.

Once the youngest was back from his haircut (where for some reason they thought he wanted to look like Justin Beiber) he and I started working on the backyard of the oasis.  We gathered up 3 bags of trash because Mama was on a decluttering kick, pulled weeds, and washed down patios.  Once Bryan does his second mowing of the year it is going to look really great out there.  I also spent some time on the porch swing visiting with some friends that stopped by to store things in my barn.

The afternoon was spent washing dirt, bugs and tree seeds out of my hair, and doing laundry. 

We invited Loni to have dinner with us and I made spaghetti.  After dinner Loni went home to do her own thing, and the youngest left to go to a friend's new apartment for the evening.  I imagine that will be a regular occurrence now that two friends are sharing an apartment. The apartment will probably be the new gathering spot over Mama's.  

I spent some time on the porch swing before the bugs just started eating me up. I didn't feel like getting out the candles and stuff tonight.
Yes it was a great day.  


 



No comments: