Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Want My Protective Coating Back

Lately my brain has been on overdrive trying to figure out how to take the next step forward.  So far the only thing I have managed to do is cry a lot of tears.

I feel like a M&M that has lost its protective coating.  Now I am just waiting to melt.

An old friend asked me a question the other day and I answered him with my standard "I am fine with how things are in my life."  He made this familiar sound in his throat from years ago and said "Sure you are. Are you forgetting I know you like I know that back of my hand? Do you think I am going to let you get away with that answer?"  

He was right.  I am not fine with how things are, but things cannot be the way I want them to be, so now I have to figure out what else my life could be. 

When you have believed something for over half your life, and that is taken away from you, it is hard to just pick yourself back up. 

I think I was much happier in my hard shell.




1 comment: