Friday, March 2, 2012

Reading - Not

I seem to have lost my desire to read. I have only read one book since the beginning of 2012 and I only read it because someone loaned it to me and I wanted to return it A.S.A.P.  It was a great book, and I enjoyed it, but I haven't read one since.  

I do keep putting books on my Kindle, especially the free ones and the ones that are coming out by my favorite authors, but  have do desire to read.  

I tried to make myself read the other night and ended up reading the first paragraph over and over again.  

This has never happened to me before.  Sure I would take a week or so off from reading in the past when I was busy with other things, but to just not read...that has never happened.

I loved my dentist when I was little.  His name was Dr. Lipton and because I had so many dental issues I had to spend a lot of time in his chair when I would go for a visit.  He would let me read while he worked in my mouth.  In fact, it was Dr. Lipton that told my mom I needed glasses.  He knew because I started holding the book closer and closer to my face to the point he said there wasn't room for him to work.

It isn't like I haven't been using my brain at night. I have been working Sudoku puzzles every night.

My friend JB is getting irritated because he wants me to read a couple of books so we can discuss them. He reads about four hours a day so he does not understand why I haven't been reading.  Of course, as I tell him, he is an "old" man with nothing better to do.

I am sure I will get back to reading eventually.  Right now everything in my life seems a little off kilter.


No comments: