Monday, March 19, 2012

My Heart is Heavy

My heart is heavy from some of the news I have received this week.

One of my high school friends that I have been conversing with every day had an MRI today.  He went for a check up last week and the doctor ordered an x-ray of his stomach.  That night the doctor called him at home and said they needed further tests immediately.  My friend called me to talk about it.  His entire family has died of cancer and he was freaked out.  We talked for a long time about his fears and how to handle the next step, which was getting the MRI. He had the MRI today and hopes to find out the results tomorrow.  I am hoping it is not cancer, but I am concerned about some of the things he has told me. This man is alone in life.  I hate that for him. It is difficult to get through any illness when you are alone, but I cannot imagine going through a potentially terminal illness with no support system. Of course I will be there for him, but I am 836 miles away.  

Another friend did not get good news from his recent visit to MD Anderson.  He goes to the same clinic Raymond was a patient in, so in my heart I have always known that some day the news would not be good, but I hate it for him. My prayers for him are continuous.

I have other friends suffering with health issues right now, but these are the two that are weighing my heart down tonight.  



No comments: