Monday, March 12, 2012

A Wonderful Evening

It has been a beautiful day and evening.

I left work about an hour early today to take the youngest shopping to get some casual dress clothes for a class. After the shopping we went to dinner where we planned a walk in the park and then a grocery shopping trip.

While we were eating the youngest received a text asking him to go creek exploring with some of his friends from high school.  I told him to go on and have fun.  He apologized about the walk in the park and I promptly told him that I was still going to the park.  

We drove home so he could get his old shoes and his car.  I came in and watched a show on tape while my dinner settled and then drove to the park for a very nice walk.  I took my shoulder exercise stick since I had noticed my shoulder was aching from all the activity at work today.  Twice around the lake and a few minutes on the bench was really refreshing. 

I enjoyed watching the ducks on my walk.

I drove to the grocery store after the park.  Just as I was getting out of the car at the store my phone rang and it was my youngest.  Seems some of the boys got into poison ivy and were done exploring and they wanted to come back to our house.  Of course, I love having a house full of boys so I immediately said "YES!"  

I finished shopping and came home to find five boys sitting around talking.  After I greeted them all I invited them to bring in my groceries.  Very handy.  

They are all in there laughing now and I am watching television with the breeze blowing through the screen door.

I think there is some porch swing time coming up before the night is over.




1 comment:

Loni said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!