Sunday, July 22, 2012

Concert Night ~ 1st Up ~ Huey Lewis and the News

I was so excited to find out Joe Cocker was coming to the Meyerson Symphony Center this summer. It has been years since I have gone to a concert that wasn't a free and outside, but I love Joe Cocker, and he is getting older, how many more chances could I get?

My only problem I had with the concert was that Huey Lewis and the News was also part of the night.  Not one of my favorites when they were at the top of the charts, and certainly not my style now.

Despite Huey being part of the night, I decided to go.

Friday, July 20, was the big night.  I decided to go with an open mind and give Huey a chance, but by the third song I was bored.  Huey did provide me some entertainment with his moves.  He seemed to have four of them: white boy dance, marching band, wiggle butt, and drop down to one knee and take on the Thinker pose.  Huey must have been in the marching band in school based on his form during the marching move.

I did get tickled when he would turn his back to the audience and do this little wiggle butt, whether intentional or not.  All I could think about was the movie "Music and Lyrics" and Hugh Grant's character.


I spent a good portion of the Huey part of the night twiddling my thumbs and people watching.  I also made a trip to the bathroom, and talked to some other person wandering around.  I enjoyed watching the people that really love Huey and were into it, and it was fun watching them dance.

Huey Lewis can blow a harmonica though and the song they did off their Soulsville cd (a tribute cd) was good. He also knows how to work his fans.  All the musicians were very talented, it just isn't my style of music. 





No comments: