Sunday, July 15, 2012

Girdwood, Alaska

While at Mt. Alyeska Hotel we spent an afternoon in Girdwood, Alaska.  Fortunately, our breakfast server at the hotel had given me the run down on the shops in Girdwood and I knew to go to the Girdwood Center for Visual Arts, a nonprofit co-op gallery of more than 40 Alaska artists. 

This was definitely one of my favorite stops in Alaska.  This is where I bought "my precious," a small teapot with a turtle that I had to protect from breakage the rest of the trip. I carried it wrapped in a blanket in my backpack.

I also was able to buy Mina a print she liked, a gift for Loni, and a Christmas ornament for myself.  I also was gifted with two turtle ornaments from Loni and the youngest.

Glass Turtle Christmas Ornaments

Turtle Teapot , Letha Cress Woolf, Potter, Mudhead Pottery, Girdwood, Alaska

Another view of "my precious" by Potter Letha Cress Woolf


1 comment:

Letha Cress Woolf said...

I just googled myself and was so pleasantly surprised to find pictures of a teapot I'd made a couple years ago! I would have loved to have you come to my shop in Girdwood so I could meet you. I'm so glad someone got my pot that loves it!!!