Sunday, July 29, 2012

What a Sad and Puzzled Look

I got up this morning and immediately started organizing a quilt top I am going to put together.  At 10:30 I woke up the youngest because was supposed to go to Magic draft today, and then I went back to what I was doing.  

At 11:15 I reminded the youngest he needed to get ready to leave, and went back to my fabric.  He came in at 11:30 and said he was out of the mood to go.  Five minutes later he heard that army boy was up and wanted to head over, so youngest hit the shower.  

When youngest came out of the shower I asked him for his opinion on some placement of my fabric and it was at this time I looked up and saw army boy out the window.  He had such a sad and puzzled look on his face. I immediately knew what was wrong. Mama's doors were locked! 
 
I had not been into the Man Cave, or outside this morning, so the two Man Cave doors were still deadbolted, and just as I looked up army boy was trying to get in the sliding door.  

I don't think he has ever arrived here to find the doors locked. He always just walks in, like all the boys.  

I felt really bad. The youngest opened the door and immediately apologized.  I think he felt bad too.
 
I guess the boys never think about the fact that I lock the doors when I sleep. 
 
 


2 comments:

Loni said...

Well at that time of the day; one of the Girls in your life would have had a sad and confused look too... but then again, I have a key and would just let myself in ;)

Cheryl said...

Yes, I was negligent. I hang my head in shame. The youngest changing his plans through me off. I thought I would have the house all to myself today. Glad I didn't of course. They will all leave me soon enough.

I like how we have added a girl to the mix.