Sunday, July 1, 2012

That Family Belongs on Carnival!

Loni and I decided our attitude about this trip would be "I am never going to see these people again, and therefore I can have all the fun I want."  

Of course having this attitude meant that my youngest son did not want to have anything to do with us.  

Our first real show of our attitude was at the first "Name that Tune."  Our team consisted of My oldest, Loni, Stan, Mina and myself.  The theme was television and movie themes.  We were loud, laughing, and very knowledgeable in the theme.  At one point D.J. Mark announced that our family was on the wrong cruise line, we belonged on Carnival.  Others told us we needed to get a life as we knew way too much about the theme.

We won that Name that Tune, and vowed to be back for the next one. Our prize was Holland America coasters.

The next day, as the boys and I were going out, a man stopped us in the hall and said that he wanted to hang out with us because we were the fun family.  We just laughed, but he did end up hanging out with us.  He was a wonderfully delightful man from Tennessee with is wife and parents.  Jeff and Cathy were in their late 40's and I really enjoyed their company several evenings during the cruise.

We ended up winning Name that Tune twice, but the last one was a tie and we had to go into a tie breaker by sending up one of our team members against one of theirs.  Fortunately, we had a man Jeff had introduced us to that was very into music. He won the game for us.  Each of us got a travel mug.

2 comments:

Loni said...

I had a blast.. and for it being the Kiss-Off to the Ex vacation of a lifetime, I think I did great. I spent family time, but I also got to tour and do things that interested me the most. I would totally go on the cruise portion of the tour again. The land portion was ok; but after a while it all looks the same.

Deborah said...

It sounds like y'all had a fantastic cruise! That is the cruise line I plan to cruise with when I finally get to Alaska!