Sunday, July 22, 2012

Joe Cocker Concert ~ July 20, 2012


What can I say, it was Joe Cocker.  The only thing that could have made it better is if Bob Dylan, and Van Morrison were on stage too, and I got to pick the songs.

Some of the songs from last night:

Hitchcock Railway
The Letter
You Can Leave Your Hat On

You Are So Beautiful
Unchain My Heart
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
With a Little Help From My Friends
Cry Me a River

I wasn't crazy about his female singers, but his musicians were fantastic. 

At 68 he isn't as twitchy as he used to be, but he does jump high and come down at the end of each song, must be hell on his knees.  He also was drinking a lot from a water bottle during each song, which made me wonder how he kept from running to the bathroom at his age.




I so enjoyed seeing one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Milanista said...

This is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very professional blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking extra of your great post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social ( golofootball.blogspot.com ) networks…

Thomas Alice said...

I was in the theatre with you- Section C, Row L, Seat 5.

I had seen Joe once before, in 1995 in Fort Worth, and then he sang for almost four hours! Even though he didn't sing as long this time, I think I enjoyed it more- he seemed more engaged and happy to be there, and his voice is as expressive and powerful as ever.

I pretty much agree with you- better backup singers would be nice, pairing him with Huey was a little odd, and Huey seemed awfully proud of his own rear end. But I'd go again. :D